Lately I’ve been really trying to get back on track in regards to my health and fitness. I have set some new goals for myself that I plan on sharing in the future. Part of getting back on track includes finding healthy alternatives to junk food. I want to cut junk food out of my diet but I recognize the need to keep things interesting and flavorful.
Soooo… I know that with any workout routine you need to ensure that you are taking in enough protein. I’ve been eating eggs, chicken, salmon, protein bars and protein shakes but I wanted a treat. Something that tasted good but is still good for you.
Dun dun dun… and then came the Oatmeal No Bake Peanut Butter Protein Cookies. These are really yummy and they have 3 scoops of protein powder in them.
So let me just share the recipe in case anyone would like to try them for yourself. You can always add different things like chocolate chips or shredded coconut if you aren’t too concerned with the sugar but I like to keep it simple.
No Bake Peanut Butter Protein Cookies Recipe
• 3 scoops of vanilla protein powder (I used Pure Protein)
• 2.5 tbsp of Crunchy or Chunky Peanut Butter
• 1/2 cup of oats
• 2 tbsp of ground flaxseed
• 1/2 tsp vanilla
• 1/2 cup almond milk
• Mix all the ingredients together and refrigerate until slightly hardened (or you can eat the batter like I did).
• This will make 6-7 large cookies.
• Toss in a tiny bit of chocolate chips if you want an extra little kick (keep it healthy) :P.